View Single Post
Old 06-12-05, 00:02

Default T16 for sale in Colorado

Howdy Gents,
As much as I hate to do this, I am way over my head in other projects. I have an Ex-Swiss U.S. built T16 for sale near Denver Colorado. This was one of the four that came out of Russ Morgans inventory years ago. The Gentleman I bought this project from started it buy having the Engine and Transmission sent out to a pro Ford Flat Head Shop and had the engine completely rebuilt and the tranny gone through. In the tranny they replaced the bearing and several gears. They weren't bad but the owner had extras that were new. The engine is bolted to the Bell housing and tranny and can be test ran is so desired, but as explained, they are redone like new. The only thing wrong that I can see that the shop didn't know any better and painted them red instead of Ford Blue. So far that has been the extent of this restoration. Everything as far as I know seems to be there.
All of the four units that came out of Ft. Collins were known to be farily nice Swiss units. Its time to completely strip the hull of the tracks and all interior controls....blast...prime....paint and reinstall.
The past owner said the only items he knew of that were so bad that they will need to be refabricated, were the control rods that lay right on the bottom as suffered the most rust. The hull still has original "T' numbers visable. I have been soaking all the hardware and fittings with "Kroil" since I have owned the project which has been less than 6-7 months. It was my dream and plan to attack this project and have a wonderful "Carrier"....but I just don't have the time to see it through right now.
The price FOB Sedalia Colorado is $14000 I do have a trailer and could help deliver within 100miles. The tracks are in typical good condition. I have manuals,spare boggies and some parts that only go with the project.
I can take pics....but please only to serious buyers. Looky-loos need not respond. 303-912-2170 MST