View Single Post
Old 19-05-22, 11:47

Thanks very much for that link Colin. I posted about the subject on the https://groups.io/g/wireless-set-no19 and someone provided very similar documents for 2nd Canadian Infantry Division for a couple of date points through 1944.

Overall quite similar to what I sort of thought might be the case, and providing confirmation of the alternative frequencies for the command net, rear Division net and the RA/RCA net. The 'lateral' comms for the Brigades aren't something that appear in the Royal Signals "Wireless Diagrams" booklet for July 1945. Also the Brigade "Q" nets do appear to be individual to the Brigade, with just a rear link set on the Rear Division "Q" net.

The separate frequencies for the RCE Companies do differ from the wireless diagram book, which shows all outstations on the same net as the control station in the CRE's command vehicle.

If anyone trips over something on these lines for a later war British Division, Infantry or Armoured, I'd very much like to see it!

Thanks "maple leaf eh" - compared to a US unit in particular, relatively few Sergeants on the WE for a British or Canadian Infantry Battalion, with a lot more Corporals by comparison.

Gary