View Single Post
Old 27-05-18, 14:07
carrier mech

It would seem the competition in the GPS field has made it so the newer Garmin GPS (along with other brands) now include free map updates.

It is the megallin seires of GPS currently on sale a Cdn tire, but they are not highly rated by the users. In some cost comparing, I see best buy has them at better prices than Cdn tires sale prices, especially the Garmin series. It is rare I will buy from best buy but I am thinking this may be the exception.

There is not a lot of need for GPS where I live. If it is around noon, and you want to go North, you drive so the shadow casts ahead of you. For East and west, take a road that has the sun out the appropriate window, considering the time of day. But Southern Ontario does not have it's roads generally going east to west, and rarely seems to have the sun showing. Your mileage may vary.

I do not know what these "smart phones" are that you speak of. My phone lets me make phone calls, and apparently I may be able to take photographs with it, although I have never intentionally done so.