View Single Post
Old 31-12-03, 02:16
Dog Robber

Thanks Richard for your support.

Further search areas will yield the following at the least.

Africa: Dodge ambulance/Autocar tractor x 2 or 3/12Cyl Lincoln of the SA Ambassador at the White House/some sort of tankette/a horse drawn/portee artillery piece/a very dejected looking Italian prisoner sitting in front of what I presume is a Fordson WOT.

Britain: What looks to me to be an IH M2 with .30 cal MG in the BWI/possibly a Humber Snipe flanked by some sort of military Ford Estate Car/

Russia: Numerous photos of the 6x4 Studebaker in various variants. Also lots of Jeeps as I mentioned earlier.

Tunisia: A few new CMP pics, several of De Gualle in what I belive is a Lancia 2 door touring convertible, an AEC Matador or whatever, an unknown Italian van taken over by the Brits, and various Fords and Bedfords.

Algeria: A Bedford OY as a canteen vehicle.

Egypt: A CMP 15 CWT GS, a 1941 Plymouth 4 Dr. (LHD I think), and a Thornycroft W2 GS as far as I can tell.

India: A Chev 30CWT GS, a White-Ruxtall 922.

I did not recheck which area I got them from, but there are also a few interesting shots of USMC IHC M24 vehicles in, I believe the
search field "South Carolina"

While I realize this is not necessarily the hot spot for CMP fans I do think that some of us also have other interests as well. If you are into aircraft, for example, there are hundreds of shots of Lend Lease planes. As well perhaps dozens of shots of artillery pieces and so on.

Have fun, have patience.

Bill