View Single Post
Old 19-06-21, 17:18

Default Receiver Wiring Looms

Back in Post #615, Chris had explained how wiring looms were typically assembled prior to installation in a chassis. With all but one Tag Panel now gone from the parts receiver chassis, the wiring has really been opened up to view.

What I noticed straight away was that two very large sections of loom pass directly under the remaining Tag Panel, so it was clear those looms had to be in place before this Tag Panel was installed. I then started paying a lot more attention to where these two sections of loom went and discovered three more Tag Panels that had these looms running past them in such a way the looms had to pre-exist the panels in the chassis.

The other thing I suspect with regard to the visible looms is that it was not one huge loom to start with, but rather a group of somewhat smaller looms installed in the chassis and where necessary, following their installation, sections of parts of these looms would have been laced together as well, to keep things neat and tidy. This additional lacing may also have gathered in some of the individual leads running between components, where necessary.

Still a bit of a mystery is when the various switches would have been connected up. What complicates that step is both the complexity of some of the switch connections, as well as the very limited space surrounding some switches once installed on the chassis.

In the two photos, the first is the bottom of the chassis with the remaining Tag Panel. Note the large sections of loom passing under the panel from left to right. the second photo is the back of the chassis where the two sections of loom can be seen coming up from the left. Branches of both of these looms headed under additional Tag Panels top and bottom (right and left sides) .

David
Attached Thumbnails
52-Set Receiver Wiring Looms 2.JPG   52-Set Receiver Wiring Looms 1.JPG