View Single Post
Old 23-03-19, 17:19

Default Proposed Logo Change

Hello

Having been on the executive, I hate to be critical.

However I feel that the ball has been dropped pertaining to the proposal to change the OMVA logo.

The first that I have heard of any interest in changing it was when I received an e-mail this week announcing the new design would be voted on at the AGM. It came to me as a surprise.

I feel this should have been discussed with the membership for input before being presented to vote on. We have this forum, e-mail, CMP Magazine and FB , so there is no excuse.

I do not necessarily agree that there needs to be a change, but if there is going to be a change it should be done right the first time around and it should be ORIGINAL.

The wording " KEEP THEM ROLLING" is already being used by a Dutch Military vehicle collectors group as their name and for an event. It is also associated with the original Red Ball Express, a WW2 US supply route.

It could be confused to indicate that we are affiliated to that group or event.

When I hear " KEEP THEM ROLLING" I myself do not associate it with CDN history.

There are other options for wording, such as " KEEPING HISTORY ON THE MOVE", "HISTORY ON THE MOVE" etc.

Just spelling out "Ontario Military Vehicle Association" alone will make it more understandable. There is no need to also try to explain what we do in the logo.

We should defer any proposed changes until the membership has an opportunity to provide feedback. Then it should come up for a vote with various options.

On another note should it be bilingual... EH? Ok now I am just stirring the pot.

Thanks

Eric