View Single Post
Old 25-07-12, 04:54
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHClarke View Post
Well, the damage was not as great as expected. The wind did manage to shift a few shelters and did a number on a few of the plastic tarps and the original shelter material.

The 45 shelter had the modular tent roof blown off exposing the sunworn material underneath, which tattered in the wind. The front "door" separated where the tie downs meet the frame and split from top to bottom in the center.

Bob did the initial damage assessment and repairs, but it looks like more tarps will be needed. Clive's shelter will need major adjustment, but its contents are OK.
Agreed. I reskinned my car shelter with modular tent sections. There is a big brass grommet in the centre of the seam which locate a pin on the original folding arch. As long as you mask that off well, you can make a new roof in no time. Guy Vapeur helped with some major sewing repairs where the surplus pieces were unserviceable. (Guy is your neighbour of course.) The only modification I needed to do was use that modern invention - the fold - to raise the unneeded sides up about 5 feet.

My modular sections came from Greg who is Mike Calnan's neighbour. (What is it about kindred spirits living close together?) He and I sorted through a number of pieces before finding enough single and double door ends, and centres that weren't in awful shape.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!