Thread: Armour Dreams
View Single Post
Old 25-10-22, 20:33

Tim,
I have to ask where did you get those, are they in reprint? I would love a copy of both of those.

Chase,

I have found getting any specific documentation, apart from published books, impossible but I suppose someone somewhere will have it and It will probably come to light after I have finished. I have bought every book that I can find on the Panzer II but most of them hold very little reliable information and a lot of them can be very misleading. The best books that I have found are the "Panzer tract" books and the "AFV super detail photo books", there is also an excellent cd Called German Tank Interiors. The hardest part is finding pictures of tanks that haven't been restored, some restorations are very suspect regarding their accuracy, especially the interiors.
I have contacted the Tank Museum and they kindly forwarded me some interior pictures but most of these are available in the AFV super detail book, Other than that they didn't appear to have much.
My wife finds me staring at pictures trying to work out how, why and where but I am always amazed at how much detail a good clear photo contains, most of the time it just needs to be interpreted correctly.

Dimension wise, the best bet is to find one to measure and failing that, find the best pictures and scale them but as I have found check, check and check again.

I have spent many hours trawling the internet, most of which has been wasted time but some times I have found some thing of interest.

I hope that helps.

Jon
1938 DKW SB200
1944 DKW NZ350-1
1967 Ural K750 sidecar outfit
1944 VW Kubelwagen KDF82
1942 Steyr 1500A
1944 Morris C8A
1943 Chevrolet CMP8A HUP?
194? Bedford QL

Last edited by Jonathan Moore; 25-10-22 at 20:35. Reason: silly boy