View Single Post
Old 30-01-17, 06:12

Default somewhat touchy area....

I would have to agree with Chris on his points and also Terry on his. Bottom line "buyer beware". Just make sure you got all your ducks in order. And Chris its right about the "shake down". I just went through this on Craig's list this weekend. BUT the young punk hasn't seen or heard the last of me!!
My experience with U Ship was good, but as Chris says, once you make the introduction, you can always do your deals outside the game.
Fellow I used was from the Ottawa area, Dutch fellow, with a heavy duty pickup and a heavy duty long trailer. very good pricing and right on top of it.....HOWEVER....when he came for the pickup....Jesus Mary and Joseph the BO smell was bigger tan the truck and trailer combined. Beyond words!! Couldn't get him packed up and outa' here quick enough. Can't say whether Mr. Bergeron experienced the same on his end.

My latest episode was putting a deal together over the phone, paying the driver for delivery....but getting no promised receipt!! I phoned them before Christmas and they promised it would be done but never did happen. Now I'm on the hook for a personal tax, where I could have written it off as a business expense.

So, as I said, make sure you've got all your ducks in order....but even then there are no guarantees!

My 2 cents......Robert