View Single Post
Old 26-07-04, 16:49
Dog Robber

Hej Stellan:

I am not sure, you could be right. The caption, in Finnish, did not mention any names, just a location and date.
I have about 50 or so photos from those old magazines, most of rather poor quality as it was a cheap magazine, and it was obvious that the Finnish Armed Forces impressed an amazing variety of civilian vehicles rather like the Germans did.
At some point I can post some of the better ones if there is any interest.

For you and the rest of the group, I have signed up for a web alblum hosting site with HP which I am now trying to learn. It seems to offer a simpler photo editing software than what I am now using. If it works, I will open up the site.

Even though Geoff has indicated several times that the band width issue is a long way from becoming critical, I am very concerned that in my enthusiasm to share things I might bugger it up.

A lot of what I have is not CMP oriented but fairly rare as I have stated earlier and there are tons of it. At the same time, I have tons of Canadian and Australian photos from many sources that have most likely not been published but that are available on the net at places such as the AWM and other similar photo repositories.

I still feel I need guidance here. Do I post photos from the AWM for example that are available to anyone with about 100 hours of free time to penetrate all of those images or do you lads prefer to dig them up for yourselves? I have one full size filing cabinet drawer of just AWM images, some are saved to my photo file the rest I just printed to paper for reference. As I have the reference numbers, I can always go to the site and download the pic to the photo file.

I understand I have more or less asked the same question earlier in this thread and we threw around a lot of ideas but I didn't get a concrete sense that we came to a final conclusion. I am more excited than you can imagine to have finally at least gotten to the beginning stage of starting to share all this stuff but I am also a team player and I want to be sure I am helping, not hurting.
I did get a message from Hanno regarding being selective about the quality of pics posted here and I will be more careful in that sense. I can preview the stuff so I won't send any more crappy ones like I did in the very beginning.

Got to run, I may or may not post more today as Pat and I are off to visit a hobby distributor warehouse in New Jersey tomorrow and will be gone until Friday/Saturday.
Bill