View Single Post
Old 31-10-20, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Storey View Post
I wish people would be honest and up front with their posts for information as I dislike wasting my time to help someone pad an eBay listing. Shame on me as I have fallen for this duplicity before and I should have known better as the indicators were there. The requester had less than 10 posts and there was a hint that the image had been cropped but no reply was forthcoming when asked for a better resolution image and source of the photograph. What fooled me was this poster appeared to know more about AoS markings then your average "I'll join this forum to tap it for the free information" punter. Posting hi-resolution scans to forum of the front and back of the image would have lessoned the sting and been a gesture of thanks for the help; but I suspect this would probably have cut into the profit of selling the photograph - and we cannot have that.

I have relearned a valuable lesson and will be more cautious in the future.
Hi Ed,

Please accept my apologies for any offence caused, there was certainly no ill intent in trying to find out more information related to the photo!

I am happy to share the attached scan of the whole photograph, and do very much appreciate the insights shared.

I should mention that I am not a dealer, but rather someone with a keen interest in military history. I do collect and have done for several years, but have now narrowed my focus to things particularly relating to the military service of members of my family tree. For the last year or so I have been selling some 'surplus' items from my collection on e-Bay, and more recently have been dabbling in buying & selling, as means of fundraising towards my child's university costs.

In putting items out there, I would like to give as much information as possible to potential buyers, who might have a particular interest. I have to admit that I also enjoy the 'detective' work of finding out about such photos.

Anyway, thank you for the information shared!
Attached Thumbnails
photo (300).jpg