View Single Post
Old 01-12-05, 21:41
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Does anyone here have the ear of Stephen Harper? While the gentleman has learned the art of public speaking (he never refers to notes and is more confident than any of the other leaders), someone needs to tell him the following (I wrote it elsewhere today):

Quote:
Chretien (god rot him) promised to cancel the GST once he was elected, but didn't. The idiot figured he could bluff us AND rob us at the same time. Harper should SERIOUSLY consider making an unconditional, flat-out declaration to abolish the tax, even at the expense of income tax cuts - I almost guarantee that would get him a majority. People at the high end of the income scale and people at the low end share two things in common - they pay little income tax but GST on everything... and it's those of us in the middle who subsidize this inequity and pay GST on top of all else. If anyone reading this has Harper's ear, please advise him accordingly? His trained seals are obviously out of touch with the man on the street.
You may add my personal comments: Stephen, you're doing a fine job so far, and you already look far more prime ministerial than that other boob. Keep up the good work, but don't forget for a second that us workin' dudes are the ones who make you or break you. Big Business ain't it... we who have to count the cents on our paychecks are the ones who Martin thought he could fool. I think you're a better man than that.

Prove me right.