View Single Post
Old 26-05-19, 04:57
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSchaefer View Post
What would I do with a colour chip? ..
Or is this just to pick the colours?
I’d rather have flat paint in a slightly off colour then a correct colour in high gloss.
Yep, just to look at Gillespie's colors to see if it might be suitable for your purpose, and then buy the pre-mixed gallon can from Gillespies.

I don't know enough about German paint schemes (or French, or even a Finnish finish) to spot a precise shade of Feldgrau or Dunkelgelb at 20 paces, and neither would 99% of show attendees. Gillespies is a superior quality flat paint that is durable and fade free, and available off the shelf. If you can find a color that suits your purpose, go with it. There will however always be the risk of encountering the 1% expert that does know the difference, and they will be happy to point out your gross error.

If there is nothing close to what you want, or you're not happy with the approximation, then find a paint producer in Canada that will mix to your exact standard in a flat finish. As linked in the thread above, that seems to be a hard thing to find these days.
Attached Images