View Single Post
Old 11-10-21, 15:56

Hello Grant.

Yes, a quick glance at the Web yesterday suggested there were a number of companies making modern slot head hex bolts. I fear the trick will be finding a company still making the vintage thin head versions.

The hardware mix on the 52-Set is consistent with that found on the 19-Set and very likely all other wireless sets of British origins, used by the Canadian Military. The BA Thread generally tends to be found, however, in just a few particular components. The Pocket Watch Holder mounting hardware is a classic, along with bits of the Tuning/Flick Drive Assemblies.

What I have noticed is the BA Threads are common enough they are listed in the Standard Hardware Lists compiled by the Ordnance Supply System. Interestingly, these slot head hex bolts do not show up on the Standard Hardware List at all for the 52-Set, so they must have been placed elsewhere in the system.

One thing I did find this morning is the ¼-inch ID split lock washers typically found on the ¼-inch mounting hardware today on the 52-Set Components, do not exist on the original Standard Hardware List. The much thinner, Shakeproof, ¼-inch ID internal toothed lock washer is the only one listed. That would be consistent with the idea the original hardware was beefed up with modern replacements post war, for convenience in servicing.

David