View Single Post
Old 22-01-22, 19:54

Having had to get some of the pan head screws on the Vibratory Supply to work, as they should to tighten up the gaps in the chassis assembly, I needed to find some flat yellow enamel that was a good match to what had originally been factory applied to this hardware. Turns out Testors has a close match in their Flat Yellow (Stock # TES1169) Enamel.

On a whim the other day, I thought I would check out the Model Section of the local Michaels Store and as luck would have it, they had one ¼-ounce bottle in stock for $3.00. Feeling pretty chuffed about that, I headed to the cashier and was informed it was ‘Seniors Day’ and I got 20% off. Not bad for a whim trip.

I will touch the hardware up on the chassis that needs it this weekend and then do the hardware needed for reassembly of the front panel and related parts next weekend when the Gloss Navy Grey paint is fully cured. Last week the off gassing of oils from the paint was noticeable within 2 metres of the pieces. Today its less than a metre and should be completely gone by next weekend.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Testors Flat Yellow TES 1169.JPG