View Single Post
Old 24-12-21, 22:25
carrier mech

The stock code on the tent bag you show in your photo will be from the very early 80s. I can confirm that once I get back to work next week. But that will be the date of introduction...there will constantly be new stock ordered in to replace lost, damaged, worn etc tents and components. Unlikely that a tent from the 80s is still in service, but not impossible.

I was in Bosnia in 2000 or so. As a mechanic, we generally stay in our trucks. But we were at a gun camp in Glumoc and had these tents issued. As it got dark, I headed for the back of the MRT where a mechanic is supposed to be and my MRT partner followed soon after. The MCpl weapons tech tried to pull rank on him and take his spot in the MRT, but I shooed him back to his tent. Sure enough, that night the torrential rain came, and those on low ground like the weapons tech found out why you don't set up on low ground. He tried to build a little dam out of his kit bag etc to keep the river from coming through the front door, but like a sunomi, it does not matter. He got throughly soaked.

Fun times.