Thread: Toggle switches
View Single Post
Old 06-01-20, 23:51

Hopefully this drawing I made up helps with your wiring and for figuring out how these switches work.

On the back of the switches there are 5 usable sockets. The two on one side are for the power into the switch. The three on the other side are for going to the various light circuits.

The tail light only wiring starts at the top switch. It then has two jumper wires that go to same socket on the next two switches. It’s the lines wth the neon yellow.

The side lamps only goes to the middle switch and has a single jumper that goes to the same socket on the next switch. It’s the lines in the blue.

The headlamp wire is a single wire and goes to the dimmer switch. It’s the red wire.

The green lines are the power in.

The important thing to realize is that the three out sockets on the three switches are all independent.

So if you want only the tail lights on you turn the tail light only switch to on. If you want tail lights and side lights only, you only need to turn on that switch.

If you want head lights on you also get tail and side lights. You simply turn on that switch.

Hopefully this helps. It took me a bit to sort it all out but once I drew this diagram up it all made sense. I need to see where each wire goes to exactly what socket.
Attached Thumbnails
0AF16877-E280-44F9-943A-8A564E4B7FFB.jpeg  
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer