Thread: 11 Set stuff
View Single Post
Old 07-06-15, 11:51
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletrac View Post
It looks great! It's amazing what we can come up with when we get several heads pondering the same subject!
I got my other parcel of aerial stuff from the UK after a couple of months run-around with Parcels2Go.
I laid it all out to see what I have. I'm still short the ball peen hammer and 4 aerial rods. The horizontal aerial is 250 ft Number 1 but I'm not sure if that's the right one.
The second picture shows the difference between the British and Canadian guy rope hardware.
You will never find the hammer in an aerial kit! They were always removed (either before disposal or by the surplus dealers who could sell them separately). The same goes for the small hammer in the Canadian "Bags, Aerial Gear" - the lump hammer tends to survive because not many people want a 4.1/2 lb. hammer, but the 8.0z ones are attractive items.

All you need is a modern 8oz. ball-peen hammer with a plain wooden haft. You might find an original with broad arrow marked head, but the haft will probably need to be replaced by now.

The 250-ft aerial is part of the "general purpose" range: 70/90/110/150/185/250 foot wire aerials that would cover 2 - 8 MHz.

Chris.