Thread: Ebay help!!
View Single Post
Old 21-10-04, 13:39
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
Thanks guys! I'll email the seller and explain I'm in the UK but he can ship the parcel to Canada.if anyone needs help with a similar situation,ie seller will ship to UK only I'd be happy to help (no tanks or heavy artillery though!!)
Matt,Snowtractor and anyone else using mail services..
I posted this on a previous thread yesterday.

Ordering now from north America,even with air mail has slowed down so much and back logged at the depots with this terrorist sh*t is really cramping any mail from in and out of the country..
I sent manuals to Austria on the 4th Of October and as of today(21st Oct) they still have not arrived..usual time is 5-8 working days..air 2 months by sea...
I can't track air mail unless it is registered..I guess that is the next step..But the cost is brutal..
$40.00 post for two manuals ..air...Registered air..????

Since yesterday TV news is showing huge backlogs of all sorts of mail coming in and going out of North America,which includes Canada by the way,..tractor trailor loads of mail sitting around waiting to be checked and sorted..Huge backlogs..
I'm waiting for payment from Belgium,Virginia,and even locally in Ontario that usually takes a day..No sign of it in 4 days..The over seas airmail usually taakes 5-8 working days ..no sign after three weeks..
All I can do is keep sending and hopefully this mess will get resolved..
So any one using postal services,be aware of exceptionally long delays due to security concerns..
Also proper mailing info both from sender and reciever is now crittically checked and with contents description complete and accurate or it will be returned..
I just heard read this in this mornings paper..
Customs and postal inspection services are under pressure from US security authouities..
POOP...!!