View Single Post
Old 22-12-21, 17:15
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Bruce
I feel that the Liberals initiatives are simply political posturing, a feel good, look at us type of thing.
As I work in the power utilities world, this topic comes up within the circles of my peers.
What the asshats in government aren’t saying is how exactly they plan on implementing such measures without the infrastructure to support the plan.
For example, Ontario’s power grid is insuffiently equipped to supply a sudden influx of EVs.
Just consider any average neighbourhood in your town. Imagine each and every home having to install and use at least one 50A circuit for a charger…
The requirements for the Province will be astronomical. EV technology isn’t even close to where it needs to be. In a country as vast as Canada, where transportation is a need, more so than a want, a vehicle that only has limited range is almost useless outside of urban centres.
If the “plan” really is a “plan”, we in the electrical business haven’t even seen, nor heard of any intended upgrades or new construction projects. It takes at least 10 years to build a new generating station, not to mention upgrades to existing infrastructure. To even begin to make any of this a reality, shovels need to go into the ground tomorrow…
I have recently seen that Ford is offering up E crate engines. The antique vehicle community is already talking.
As for myself, I think that I am finished with acquiring vehicles and will concentrate my efforts into other areas of collecting.
At least my mule fleet is off road use, no issues with government licensing and the little bit of avgas they can run on should continue for a while…Maybe need to look into a still lol.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers