View Single Post
Old 02-06-11, 12:51
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmac View Post
NB: The type shown in the original thread pictures could well be wartime, just a version I am not aware of, does anyone have a wartime photo or parts book showing that five hole design? I also put a phot of the ripped off German version of carrier suspension, but they have 4 holes.
Please note the German Maultier track was clearly patterned on the Carden-Lloyd system, but the Germans manufactured the components themselves which differed in size and detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra View Post
Also, there are engineering differences in track, sprocket and road wheels (see pictures of a surviving Ford V3000S Maultier). Although I have not seen a Maultier in the flesh we did find a Maultier road wheel for sale on one of the stalls at Beltring and noted it was much wider and of entirely different construction than the standard Universal Carrier road wheel - not a surprise when you know Pz.I/II track was used (instead of Carrier track like popular belief has it).
*snip*
Here's a nice picture of the bogie wheels & tracks on a Ford Maultier (source). Now, you tell me these are Universal Carrier parts...