Thread: Power :(
View Single Post
Old 15-08-03, 22:30
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Default PLUNDER and PILLAGE

Nice neighbours. Here's my bitch. After going into work this morning for 4 hours and finally getting sent home (shouldn't 'ave been there anyhow) I decided it best to gather some provisions, as word is the power is going to be on/off indefinately. Worst part was that the company I work for, decided it was best to plunder the local power grid for their own purposes whilst our neighbours in town do without. Somehow a stop was put to this (I think by the local authorities). Kinda ironic how this company is a multi-billion dollar energy supplying conglomorite. Anyhow, gas in town, where you can find it goes for $0.90 or more a litre, bags of ice $5.00 to $6.00 each and batteries $ 5.00 up per pack of 2 "AA". Beer is non-existent, groceries hard to get, things are tough. Shame on these merchants who take advantage of those who do without! I say boycott these a-holes and don't forget who they are. Don't get me wrong though, some locals are still being reasonable. I had to wait in line as the local station was totally out of gas and we waited patiently for a tanker to arrive in town. Personally, I'm glad to be a self-sufficient individual with survival tact. Got my army trucks, a full tank of LPG, some burgers and a coupla cases of ICE COLD BEER . Scrounging did some good this afternoon. Hopefully we can put this behind us real soon. Thats all.