View Single Post
Old 30-11-05, 06:34

Default Doubtful Sound

@ Euan
Glad to see that the CMP is still there and you didn't take everything back home to Aussie ;-) Would have liked to take the Chev brand badge/tag.

I spend an awsome weekend in Doubtful Sound. By the way, some kids cut a tyre in Invercargill, so it was flat and I had to pay for it (60 bucks). At the house next door, they cut 3 tyres! Stupid kids.

Back to the Doubtful Sound. Did an overnight tour on a small boat with another 4 people (2 couples). Brilliant weather and we even saw 3 whales! A tail of a big sperm whale and 2 humpback whales, a mother and her carve. the carve was jumping out of the water for about 20 min. Unbelievable, haven't thought to see
that here. These things happen usually only on TV. Then on the next morning we passed about 30 - 40 penguins. They were swimming with our boat. Fantastic. Think that was the best weekend in NZ.

After that I drove to Milfourd Sound. But too touristy, nice weather too. But much more shorter than Milford, although higher "mountains".

On Tuesday I drove about 5 hours from Milford Sound to Queenstown, where I'm at the moment. Shit, very expensive and only tourists. Woun't do anything special here. Go tomorrow to Glenorchy.

Here's my pic from the little whale jumping

Greetings from Queenstown
Chris
Attached Thumbnails
walejumping.jpg  

www.wheelsandtracks.com
>> Condor A580 M+85691 (1952), Swiss Army Motorbike (unrestored)
>> F15 1942 Aust (Cab 13) ::: restored by Keefy