View Single Post
Old 10-03-03, 17:49

Default Lots of info in there.....

Hi James....

First of all the trans. #... I have read... meaning I have yet to do it myself.... the number you are looking for is supposed to be stampedm on the tranny where it joins to the bell housing... a similar number MAYBE stamped on the frame.. under the passenger side door... if it still readable.

Let us know what you find... I will be going trhough the same exersise when the snow melts.

The headlight may belong to a Bren Gun Carrier AKA Universal Carrier ... save it for future parts trading.

Yes you will need a tool box but the cab 11 had NO spare tire... I mean tyre carrier has they were equipped with run flat tyres. I am not sure if the Cab 13 tool box is identical or reasonably similar to the cab elevn tool box.

The junk yard cargo box is not meant for your truck... but for the smaller C8...although it might fit and look nice. You might consider salvaging for future sell/trade and look for a proper second series GS metal box. A wooden box might be eassier to build but you would need a garage to store the vehicle

I intend to remove my badly rusted metal box and use it as a pattern for fabricating my own replica......hoping to find some drawings at the Canadian War Museum or measure the models on display..... will document my efforts for others to read and see.

Right now I can't even tell which of the different door handles, inside and out, is accurate.

Aaah Spring.... the smell of musty old cars and stale hardened oil drippings warming up in the Sun..........
Canada