View Single Post
Old 11-10-20, 02:12

Default For the No.9 Tractor

Hi Jacques,

Nice find! I'm familiar with the kit you have - I had a nice box but without the contents. That kit will fit into the 'Retainer, First Aid Kit' - an open-topped bracket fitted to the inside of the left rear passenger door of the No.9 artillery tractor. Not sure how universal it was other than that, as the arty tractor kits had to have enough gear to provide for the entire gun detachment. So you'll have the No.9 owners all beating a path to your door now.

Incidentally, does the inner canvas pouch have a thin shoulder strap also made of canvas? I scored a very similar pouch with contents from somewhere, but never realised it might be the contents for the black box.

There was also a much smaller first aid tin, possibly more applicable to a two-man cab, similar to the one in Bruce's post. It was labelled 'Kit, First Aid, MT' or similar. I had two examples: one a Khaki Green No.3 and the other painted an ikie green (light jungle green?), both with black stenciled writing on the outside of the lid. One of the tins I had, I think the KG3 one, was complete with the contents. I have a feeling that one went with all the VOL (tools etc) I sold with the F15 CMP before we left Oz.

Mike