View Single Post
Old 28-02-07, 15:00

Thumbs down Bloody Epay...Ebay, who gives a sh.....

@Tony's comment, hahahahahahaha

I refer to it as Epay because it is my experience that a majority of the things that I would be interested in purchasing from that place seem to go for ridiculous prices.

I am aware of a person ( whom shall remain nameless ), who purchases collectables at normal prices from other collectors, car boot sales and swap meets, with the sole purpose of listing them on Epay at extremely inflated prices and he then laughs at how stupid people are for paying those ridiculous prices.

I disagree with this mentality. If you aren't collecting for your own collection, DON'T BUY IT. Tell someone who is going to use it or add it to their collection. I'm sick to death of people who get into our hobby to make money out of it.

Some time back...maybe 5 years ago... locally, no one was interested in carriers.

Then after the record price that was achieved at the Col Anderson auction; - Inflated by a person who had no idea about the realistic price of carriers, and another person whom had a pocket full of money and just wanted the carrier...to hell with what it cost. - The price of carriers went through the roof. ( recent sale in Aust 40K+ )

Some would say good for carrier owners. But as a result people have started to say "Shit, I might go and find a carrier wreck if that's what you can get for them."

Ebay is also responsible for this mentality when it comes to a range of items within our collecting field.

I say to hell with Epay.

Pedr