View Single Post
Old 09-04-06, 20:48
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Signs of Spring!

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
You never know if you might find some memoribilia at one of the local flea markets.
Hi Sapperman

I'll keep my eyes open for anything and let you know if/as I come across anything ..... and thanks for the bits of military history about this area!

Here's a link for some history/memorabilia items that I just found:

http://www.fortsteele.bc.ca/exhibits...emorabilia.asp

Actually, since starting my geneology and family history searches which led me to places like MLU ... and now having been a member here for (3 ???) years, it's pretty automatic that I notice military type things immediately and think of you lot in here immediately ... a couple of doors down from me is a collector or some such of old metal/parts ... don't know what they're for, but keep planning to ask the owner if he ever gets, or knows of, any old WW2 vehicles and/or parts near by.

This town is a "railway" and "mining" town, so there's that sort of memorabilia too. This "neighbor" just has a huge 2 story shed in his back yard behind his house and am sure it's full of stuff. Maybe his stuff is all railway/mines related, but ya never know what he might have or know about in the area.

So you see, I'm looking out for you-all in here