View Single Post
Old 19-12-11, 11:01
Lew Skelton

Default pre christmas update

So I spent the last couple of days in the garage, started with a decent clean out of the engine compartment. Removed the steering cam assy bearings all good, plate a bit rusty but where it bolts to the floor plate was poked so out it came, made up a new one and then bugger it all, wouldnt fit in in one piece without removing the cross tube etc so had to cut and re weld it back together once it was in place. After that I gave the cam assy a decent clean up coated with red oxide then thought "what colour were the control rods etc painted" went with the thought of the same as everything else and coated with olive drab.
Next task, new engine mounts, got them whistled up and welded into place, couldn't stop there so bolted the gearbox to the engine and lifted them into the hull, fits like a glove. I will be taking them out again but may be tempted to fire it up just to say Iv'e had the engine running in the hull.
Just a couple of questions for you other carrier fanatics, My hull had a hole cut thru the floor for the diesel engine sump to stick thru, I went and cut a floor section out of a bitser hull Iv'e got to fill the gap, and the opening below the gearbox is a different size, were the floor plans altered later on in NZ? and what colour were the controls rods etc painted.
thats all from me, cheers Lew.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00262.jpg   DSC00263.jpg   DSC00264.jpg