View Single Post
Old 26-06-09, 20:57
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default Convoy speed

This is a perennial concern for all of us which is why I tend to put the LAAT in the lead... it is not capable of exceeding the speed limit in Burritt's Rapids or any where else for that matter!

I am working on a route card right now, Stu, if you can drop out to Kars this weekend I'd like to discuss some ideas with you.

Unless drivers are formally trained in traffic control, I won't assign such 'duties' or take responsibility for anyone trying to carry them out. As Alex has humourously noted, nothing is more disconcerting to a heavy truck driver than a light vehicle in front who fails to maintain a steady speed or who slows suddenly without warning or visible cause.

I was driving the 5 tonner last year and my speed through B.R. was a stately 27 MPH. As happens with all conga lines; the "tail end charlies" frequently have to go faster to keep up. We will raise this as a concern at the drivers' briefing on Wed morning.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Wed!

Mike
www.calnan.com/swords