View Single Post
Old 26-08-19, 16:05

Hi Grant.

My thought process is vintage British motorcycles and sports cars will still require machine shop work done from time to time.

On the down side, any such vintage owner, will very likely have picked up a small BA Tap and Die set years ago, at the very least to clean up and repair any damaged threads found on their vehicles themselves.

That being said, if a large enough pool of vintage British vehicle owners can be found in any given area, chances are a small machine shop could exist there, supporting that population.

As Chris noted, it is pretty simple lathe work (not that I have ever done any of that) and any lathe with a feed through capability could probably be used to cut three or four plugs at a time. Once separated they could then each be drilled and tapped accordingly.

And also on the bright side, if there is a large enough pool of vintage vehicles in an area, there is very likely a plating shop that could handle that part of the work as well.

There is another version of this type of plug I will do a separate post about shortly.

David