View Single Post
Old 16-11-18, 18:32

Default WS No. 52 Cdn Boxes, Tools

Time for a little break from actual work on the Remote Receiver as the next phase of that work will involve going through all the available valves to ensure all said items are fully working. Once I know that, a more detailed bit of testing can be done to determine what, if any, other issues might be present that will need tweaking.

So actual work will shift temporarily, with this project to completion of the required British Valve Adapter, as well as me getting comfortable with learning how to use an oscilloscope that has been gathering dust on my work shelf for the last dozen years or so.

But as far as the 52-Set Project overall goes, the topic of the Boxes, Tools for this set is very much worth revisiting. I covered it initially back in the 60's range of posts in this thread, with one of the photos in Post # 69 being the List of Tools for the box, glued to the inside of the lid. If you refer back to it, you will notice all the tools have a Canadian Marconi Company (CMC) based part number. Personally, I did not pay that much attention to that point at the time, however, upon reading through the 52-Set manual, I came across a photograph of all the tools for the 52-Set laid out with their corresponding descriptions and something about this photo jumped out at me and has been reinforced somewhat in light of some recent bits of information I have gleaned about the 52-Set tool box.

I have posted the photo of the tools on this thread for the moment, but I will also be starting another new thread for the 52-Set Boxes, Tools in the "WW2 Military History & Equipment" thread on this forum. I will explain more with the start of that new thread shortly.

David
Attached Thumbnails
52 Set Boxes, Tools Items.jpg