View Single Post
Old 06-04-17, 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin jones View Post
Thankyou Richard, you cleared that one up. I'm happy to confess I'm no mechanic. I had a look at it today and I can see where it meshed from one side. That said, I will re install it back in the same way it came out so it still has its lead in. I was in contact with Bovington but I already have all the information they have. I am also in contact with a chap in South Africa who is sending me some wonderful parts drawings on PDF so I can down load and print. I now know exactly what the turret ball race and traverse box looks like as well. So some of the guess work has now been eliminated. But I still have a lot to do.
Thank you all for your input.
Colin.
Hi Colin,
Good to hear you have the information, there is very little about. When you eventually get to the instruments and electrical system, I have found my notes from about 12 years ago and can give you a bit of guidance in that quarter. I was hoping you might have been at Corowa as I had a CD with me with external photos of the Aussie one in the Duxford museum. Maybe if you are interested, you could PM me your postal address and I will send it to you.

best regards,
Richard

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor