View Single Post
Old 06-05-20, 20:08
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris vickery View Post
Is it possible that the order was written in such a way that at face value it appears to be taking action but in reality it is so full of holes it won’t hold water?
Was it purposely written in such a convoluted manner that the door was left open to challenge the government on it?
With the inclusion of 10 and 12 gauge shotguns for example, whether by design or purposely, this has given lobbyists on our behalf at least some technicality to fight them with, or at the very least rile up all shooting sports enthusiasts.
I hope, that with the wording, perhaps having to be re-written, some items may be dropped.
Is an OIC a hard fast and permanent thing or can it be amended under Canadian Law?
An OIC can be revoked or replaced by another OIC very easily. It's whether there's political will to do it. I doubt the Liberals set themselves up to fail. They just lack experience with anything 'firearms'. The biggest thing would be the public's loss of faith in it enough to shame them into scrapping it. Or an election won by a party that is reasonable.