View Single Post
Old 19-11-18, 18:54

Default Are there any Dutchmen left?

Are there any Dutchman tanks left out there in need of restoration? I made a repro of the Latvian one here in Canada because there was no chance of finding one over here. The turret you are recovering is a small piece to start building a tank around but it could be done. People have done more with less.

The original question about what the differences are in the tanks from 33-37 seems to be the preference of the Country that they were destined for. Different headlights, turret, radiator covers and the like are the obvious things. I spent many months pouring over the internet for research before I made my build. The differences inside are not well documented anywhere I could see. The Swiss one (pictured earlier in this thread) had it's entire engine bay cleared out and they left it open (fire wall removed) so when you look inside it is a very spacious hull! Argentinian hulls have a different radiator opening at the back with a pronounced sheet metal cover over the "steps" where the rad blows out the hot air.
Complete- Bofors 40mm on carriage
Complete Reproduction- Vickers, Model 1937 Tank
Waiting restoration- 1950 Cambridge carrier, Ford CMP Water truck, 1943 Universal carrier, 1945 Dodge APT truck, Canadian C3 Howitzer, several parts vehicles and a few ideas.....