View Single Post
Old 22-10-20, 18:23
Mr. HUP

Default Personal Update

Good to see Bob and Grant carrying on the fine tradition at the Hammond Barn. For my part, I have become more of an observer from afar of the activities at the barn than a participant. This is in part due to ongoing divorce complications and my move from Orleans, to Williamsburg, Ontario, where I will be taking up permanent residence at the farm on Toye Hill Road.

The "farm" is about equidistant to the Hammond Barn and the Swords and Ploughshares Museum, which worked out quite well for me! I have about three acres of land and three buildings: the house, the shed and the barn - aerial shot attached. I will become a permanent resident at the farm this December. In preparation for the final move, I moved a good number of vehicles to the new location with more to come over the next year, along with three of my four sea cans. One stays behind for Bob as a thank you for all of his generosity and patience over the past decade plus.

It is my intent to post a thread called "2021 at the Farm" in the New Year to share the activities at the S&P Museum/Hammond Barn annex that I refer to as the Farm.

I also plan to divest of a good portion of my HUP collection - details will be posted later on (don't get too excited - most of my HUPs are rolling frames with some sheet metal). The Pilot Model and my 45 HUP will remain, but all other CMPs will be on the block for divestment.

I have truly enjoyed beyond words the company of Bob Carriere at the Hammond Barn. For those who do not know him, he is an unforgettable character blessed with infinite patience and generosity. From the moment I whined on MLU about removing a broken bolt on my HUP axle, to now (and I am sure into the future) Bob has been a reliable source of information, resources and encouragement. There have been many times where I have tested his patience, but the situation always ended with a good lesson learned and a stronger bond formed.

Bob, I am eternally grateful to have had the pleasure of being a member of the Hammond Barn and to be able to call you a friend. I look forward to whatever comes in the future and a continued but more distant relationship in the years to come.
Attached Thumbnails
The Farm.jpg