View Single Post
Old 19-06-12, 07:50
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Coutts-Smith View Post
Hi Tony,
The only time we had a Jeep with similar problems it was a lack of fuel to the carby under load. Maybe worth checking filter and lines etc.
Some of the guys here use a bit of diesal in the fuel as they believe it helps prevent valve wear. Certainly never seen it cause any problems.
Personally I use a Moreys product in my toys, and whenever (finacially) possible I use the mid range octane fuel, and have no intention of going down the ethanol path. (Although I did use it for years on my EL Ford).
Have fun.......
Rich.
Hi Richard

Good to hear from you again. I am always pleased with the advice you guys give me. This morning I started checking eberything again from the start and I followed some of the tips from Frank and David. Took the Carbie off again and gave it a good cleanout and used the compressor to blow out all the little holes and put it back on the motor. Checked the spark as suggested and all the cables, redone the gaps in the spark plugs and points in the distributer. I then replaced the condensor with a new one and took the Jeep for a drive. I was very pleased with myself as the problem is now gone, the only problem is I don't know what I did to fix it, but I suspect it was a faulty condensor. I think I will put some diesel in the tank when I fill up, as you said it can't do any harm. So once again my fellow MLU'r have come to my aid. Thanks guys.

Cheers

Tony