View Single Post
Old 20-12-10, 06:11

I have only had access to MLU on my garage computer where I can read but not post. I finally have my home computer back from a major crash so I can respond to this farewell for Geoff. Last Saturday Brian Gough and I attended the memorial for Geoff in Scarborough. There were lots of great photos of Geoff in his younger days. We had a chance to meet his lovely daughter Ashley and we talked to his son Shawn. We had previously met Shawn in Normandy when he was there with his dad for the 60th anniversary of D Day. Geoff loved my C15TA and at one point had almost purchased one for himself. When we were on the beach in Arromanche he got to have his photo taken in the truck and it then belonged to Stefan Leegwater. I have enclosed a photo of him there with Dirk. On this forum there is another photo with us all lined up beside the truck but I can't find it. Maybe Hanno can help. Geoff and I had arranged that he would drive the C15TA to the next Oshawa show. He was really looking forward to that but sadly now it won't happen.
Rest in peace my friend.

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Author: Albert Pike
Attached Thumbnails
108-0878_IMG.jpg  

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.