View Single Post
Old 22-08-19, 23:46

Hi everyone.
Im the guy in BC having problems registering my 1961 ferret.
The main problem i am having is the fact ICBC and CVSE are refusing to acknowledge that the ferret is a antique motor vehicle, exempt from the current safety regulations in place in BC.
I purchased DOT rated tyres, passed a safety inspection, and then tried to register it.
ICBC will not let me transfer it into my name or even take the transfer taxs involved in the sale.
ICBC contacted a CVSE representative, and based on pictures, and google images, CVSE decided it was not possible for it to pass a safety inspection because it doesnt have all the safety features necessary for today's standards.
CVSE went to the safety inspection facility and threatened to fine the mechanic and pull the operation license from the company if they did not surrender my inspection paperwork.
I did not want to cause drama for the inspection company so i returned my paperwork to the company and then they surrendered it to CVSE.
Because ICBC and CVSE are refusing to acknowledge that it is a antique vintage motor vehicle it may also not be exempt from the Armoured Vehicle and After-Market Compartment Control Act in place in BC.
It has been very frustrating that ICBC and CVSE will not follow the laws in BC based on their personal dislike of the appearance of this vehicle.
Despite ill informed rumours, i have never driven my ferret in BC, and i am quite annoyed how it hasn't done anything more then idle in my driveway.