View Single Post
Old 13-01-07, 03:15
Vets Dottir

Default Re: at Yass

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges
The temperature here got up to 40.8 celcius yesterday, boy was that hot, just like opening the oven door when you went to go outside.

Then this morning we woke up to a phone call to assist the local town brigade with a major fire in one of the local nursing homes. The fire started in a vehicle parked beside the building and more than half the building was destroyed, the residents were all thankfully evacuated safely.

Max
Max, you were writing this while I was writing a post, then got on phone for a bit.

+40 really is a hot. We hit that a couple of times here in the summer heatwaves, but usually it was more around +35. I know what you mean about heatwaves wafting up at you like when opening the oven doors. Geez, just what you people DON'T need is more extremes!

Thank god those people all got out safely! Whereever will they go? To other nursing homes or the hospital until homes are found for all them again? That's a lot of people needing IMMEDIATE nursing care and a home all at once. I hope they get settled quickly and smoothly as possible.

Karmen