Thread: 1941 f8
View Single Post
Old 12-02-12, 14:13
aut viam inveniam aut fac

geez I had the original cab trim for years, nobody was interested till last year, including NOS wood for above the windshield, and sides.. and under cab floor on top of the frame... (still with Ford stamped parts numbers on the OD painted wood... all finally gone last summer.

AS for the window..I didnt notice anybody answer your question.. The rear window had a double channel felt surround in which two metal panels were fitted.... to see out the back you had to slide one open (meaning you could only ever open one-half of the space.) The stamped metal channel into which the felt was fitted is almost always rotted away as they were very prone to rust over the years..as such most CMPs post-war had the panels removed and glass window put in. other rust-prone areas are the mid-cab mating seam, and all along the cab rear floor

If yours was a wireless model, which it is not, it would have a small square cutout in the back of the cab (approx 6x6in) near the drivers head..this was for the canvas speaker tube as mentioned in an earlier post.

Your truck is looking very good.!!! .