View Single Post
Old 18-03-24, 22:23

Default Case, Spares, Contents List

It is great when Time is your friend.

After applying the spray lacquer to the Contents Lists for the Spare Parts Case, I had set them aside to fully dry and finally got a chance this morning to get out and pick up a bottle of Yellow Carpenters Glue to mount the lists to the inner lids of the Spare Parts Cases. When I took the glue to my work bench, I glanced at the lists and was stunned at what I saw. All traces of the Sepia Tone in the paper had been bleached out by the lacquer. They were now a very tired looking grey colour. Not acceptable at all.

I had used the Krylon spray lacquer of the two I had available and clearly, one or more of the compounds in its composition did not like the dyes in laser printer toner that was not black.

Fortunately, the other clear spray lacquer I have is a Rust-Oleum product and a careful comparison of the two cans revealed it has a completely different makeup to the Krylon product. So, I have now printed out a new set of Contents Lists onto a tan coloured paper and I shall apply the Rust-Oleum to these later this week and monitor what happens with it as it cures.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Spare Parts Contents List Take 2.JPG