View Single Post
Old 19-01-20, 02:03

Well, I received a reply from my friend Ken Frincken up at the Montreal Aviation Museum who happen to have a prototype and have done their wheels and have sent me pictures of the axle sleeves come apart. More on that later.

I also have stepped forward on the engine front. The one that came with it has so much water damage from being submersed inside the body tub when the drains were clogged over the years it is toast. I received a very generous gift from Paul Singleton a while ago of an under the bench engine that was to have been for a dune buggy project, that is a bit less than an easy rebuild once torn down.

On a road trip on a local route I spotted a VW bug rolling chassis this fall and a week ago I dropped in as it was still there in the deep snow storage. The property owner was shoveling snow and I had a few minutes and a deal was struck. Today I went before the snow storm and scooped it up and brought it back and stuck it in the shop at work so I can have a look see.

I know it is a later version but from the outside it will appear the same and I have seen it running in a video from this summer past. So I am prepared to allow the variance and declare it as a replacement and not original.

I am trying not to work n my vehicles but work on the garage that will house them. to that end I have two walls with windows in and building wrap on and I have all of the steel roof on and the ridge cap was finished on Christmas as my present to myself. By cunning and guile I devised a walkway system and did that on a glorious sunny day at only minus 2 and zero wind.

I am well happy.

Why the roof picture is on its side I cant fathom nor rectify
Attached Thumbnails
CL70 replacement engine.jpg   garage roof ridge walkway.jpeg   garage roof ridge dated.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62