View Single Post
Old 14-04-03, 10:30
MLU Administrator

Default Re: posted that they were opposed to the war

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander Borgia
I might also like to point out that both Hanno and .... posted that they were opposed to the war. Considering the abuse I have suffered for posting my views, I fully understand them not saying anything more on the subject, and any others for that matter.
Alexander,

Since you mention my name I feel obliged to react. In my opinion anyone in their right mind is against war. Especially soldiers, as they know what war is. I served in the Dutch Navy for two years, and the "lessons learned" from the Falklands War made me pale around the nose. I sincerely hoped I would not ever become trapped in a situation like that. But, there are situations when going to war is justified. As a Dutchman with a sense of history, I am glad the Allies decided to oppose the Nazis and fought out a long a bloody war with them.

In my posting in the thread "Any Bets On When They Launch?" I tried to make clear I was opposed to the invasion of Iraq because there were no viable arguments for the invasion. Where are the weapons of mass destruction? And yesterday I heard George W. proclaim Syria has chemical weapons. That sort of behaviour sends shivers down my spine. I am sure you and I have the same feelings about these aspects.

But, aside from the politics behind a war being right or wrong, let it be understood that I do morally support the men and women who are doing the dirty work. Whether or not backed by the right political arguments, I think the soldiers are doing a great job. Bringing down Saddam is a significant turning point in history and the soldiers can be proud of their work. Here's hoping as many of them as possible will return to their loved ones and that their sacrifice will not be in vain.

Hanno
Attached Thumbnails
001iraq.gif