View Single Post
Old 10-07-04, 09:59

Default Buy insome Irn-Bru then.... 8~)

Can't have too many Dodges. I'm still buying parts to put a panel van together, and there's at least one secret project bubbling on a related theme I wont go into here.

I wont go over my objections the the CMP body on a D15 chassis in detail, because that's apparently how they came - so be it.

The CMP Ford and Chev were built on huge really solid chassis which are pretty much the same standard up to a three ton rating, springs, axles and wheels notwithstanding. The D15 was an adaptation of the 1939 Dodge 1 ton civilian truck and the chassis was / is to me VERY flimsy compared to the CMP Ford / Chev which after all were designed and built specifically to take that body.

If a D15 had a CMP standard body on it, I don't know how much load you could put in it without breaking the back of it- frankly. Military use normally de-rated the chassis by 50%, which to me suggests the original chassis would be fine for something like a D8A application but would fall apart under heavier use. A comparsion fo the specified laden / unladen weights between the D15 and C15 / F15 would be interesting. Anyone have the figures? I might have to re-assess the D15 and see if it was actually built on the heavier Dodge 1.5 to 2 ton chassis used on the US WE and WF so I'll have a stare at your truck next time I'm in Welsh Wales and the kettle is on.

Any other movement on the other Dodges? got that compressor turning yet? Can I sell you a snowblower maybe 8~)

Gordon