View Single Post
Old 22-07-09, 13:26
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynoki View Post
Moved it from the "Blitz bits on Ebay Australia" thread to here.

Quote:
WW2 Chevrolet c15a 1942 canadian army truck/jeep Item number: 270429693749

Description (revised) Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

This is a 1942 c15a chevrolet c.m.p this is in good condition but just needs finishing off. all the brakes have been rebuilt new shoes on the front all new pipes and seals, refilled with silocone fluid. all rust from body was removed treated and painted no wielding has been done at all . it was on the road last year but due to other projects not retaxed this year,it is tax and mot exempt. it is believed to have started life as a water carrier ? the rear body is an original and has its plate still in situ as is all the cab plates, its birthday was last week . the engine is a 28 bedford engine not done a lot to it starts 1st time no matter how long it has been standing for. all the core plugs have been replaced bar 1, drives well for its size, a winch has also been added at some time through the transferbox this also works well !! think this is why it was used as a break down truck in alloa ? ,the original windows are in situ but there is a new set just never got a chance to fit them. we call it the beast but she does look good out and about. new projects force its qiuck sale any questions 07779165039

Question & Answer
Q: hello sir, is it possible to have another pictures? wich weight? the size for the transport tanks 21-Jul-09
A: i think they may be some on my webb site www.austertj398.co.uk gross is 4318 kgs i got a local company to bring down from scotland for me as a back load wheel base is about the same as a 101 landrover ?
Q: Hi have you got some pictures of inside the cab and rear body have you got the v5 for it also and is the winch in the chassic cheers chris 21-Jul-09
A: hi sorry i dont the truck is kept at the local museum and i wont be able to get there before the end of the auction. in side the cab is as it was both rifle butts holders are there seat covers are orig but a little shaby all the plates are intact in the cab on both the bulk head and engine cover the orig instument cluster is there along with switches starter button for the bedford engine is on the side the orig cheve starter leaver is there but disconected every thing works as it should. the winch is as it should have been as in service and my guess is that has been fitted as per factory standard if not at the factory its self ? with all leavers and brake and is controled through the vehicale gear box, some say that the c15a didnt have winches but talking to some of the canadian guys who used them with 665sqn they had them as brake down trucks with gs bodys as well as the c60s??????yes the v5 is correct like i said it was taxed last year and currently on scorn gross weight is 4318 kg that makes it mot exempt i have tryed to explain as best as i can
Attached Images