View Single Post
Old 26-03-24, 19:03

Default Case, Spares, Contents List

The second time was a charm! With some amendments.

I started thinking about the two clear spray paints I had on hand last week and after triple checking both the Krylon and Rust-Oleum cans, I could find no direct confirmation that either product was acrylic, so I started thinking about that and realized the most likely place to find what I hoped would work was at an automotive supply shop selling clear coat automotive paints. Off to the local Canadian Tire Store I went and 45 minutes later I came home with a 340 gram spray can of Dupli-Color Acrylic Lacquer Clearcoat, for just under $22.00 Cdn.

The formulation for this product was different again from the other two I had on hand, but the instructions were encouraging. It is a rather fast drying product and they recommended applying two light coats first, allowing them to dry before adding what they call a “wet coat”. I added to this process a bit by deciding to use the two stage hair dryer we have on hand for bath days for our puppy. I felt this would accelerate the drying times and speed the general process time up significantly. It would also drastically reduce the time any of the lacquer solvents would stay in contact with the laser printer toners in a liquid state.

The process took no more than 20 minutes from start to finish and I was able to apply three “wet coats” to the prints to achieve the same state of gloss that was on the Contents List in my Operating Case for the Remote Receiver.

Once the lists have fully cured this coming weekend, I shall trim them up and apply them to my two Spare Parts Cases. So far, there is no sign at all of the toner colour getting bleached to grey with this clearcoat.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Spare Parts Contents List Take 3.JPG