Thread: Info needed: Parts Washer
View Single Post
Old 02-01-21, 01:42

Default Kerosene....... the low smell kind.....

I use a parts washer from PA........ and at first bought the washing solvents but prices went up......so I watch the sales for kerosene for heaters, solvents when on sale and even low sulfur diesel (Contaminated).

Is very cold on your hands at -20C but you can moderate the feelings by using a magnetic block heater from PA...... takes about 3 hours to make a difference.

On parts to be painted I usually rinse in old gasoline and blow dry with the the compressed air gun...... but always outside in fair weather........

If you are stingy save your old solvent steel containers...... after 3 or 4 months drain and replace the liquid into empty solvent cans and let it sit for 3 or 4 months...... using a syphon hose (cough cough) you can recover at least 75% of the old stuff the rest goes into "Lucifer" digestive system for Winter heat...... Lucifer loves paint gun wash, gear lub, automatic fluid, left over gasoline, old motor oil.....slowly dripped into a cast iron pan sitting on a bed of red hot coals......... and creates NO smoke as long as the wood fire has reached real hot..................

Stay warm and keep those parts clean.....
Canada