View Single Post
Old 14-03-04, 02:30

Default Update

Just by way of an update to everyone, the plans for the parade are coming along nicely with 8 carriers, 6 jeeps, 2 halftracks, a Sherman and (keep our fingers crossed) a FAT with limber and 25 lber and the Lynx coming from Shilo. These last two depend on Ford coming through with sponsorship and since they haven't told me no yet I keep hoping.
Lots of veterans are excited about it and are promising to come including one gentleman who was among the first Canadians ashore on D-Day, another who was captured at Dieppe and still has his manacles from that episode and Stan Scizlowski, a very entertaining vet who has written about his exploits during the war as well as been written about by both Pierre Berton and Mark Zuehlke in their books. These gentlemen will all be with us at a BBQ at the Tilston Armoury on the Friday night before the parade and I'm sure they will share some of their stories with all in attendance.
If anyone would like to bring any other vehicles to join us or if you are a reenactor who would like to participate, please contact me for more info and details.