Thread: Flying
View Single Post
Old 22-06-03, 23:02
Film maker, CMP addict

Default A37B

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Downs (LT Ducky)
Kieth Webb;

I'm brand new to this forum, and have just started to read through the posts, and was taken by your subject of 'FLYING, as I am a pilot (civilian) and have an interest in military aircraft. The picture of the Spitfire is magnificent, but it was the mention of the A-37's that really caught my eye. I was a TACP (Tactical Air Control Party, Enlisted) with the Pennsylvania Air National Guard back in the late 1980's, and we flew the OA-37B, and was fortunate enough to get an ride in one and actually fly it for about 20 minutes.

As there were no follow-up pictures, I assume that the weather did not permit your planned air-to-air work. I understand there are several A-37's in civilian hands in Australia (well, at least 2!); do you have any history on them? Did the Australian Air Force fly them? I know they are still active in South America. I'm not sure if any are flying in the US, but I did see a civilian T-37 2 weeks ago at an airshow.

I've included a picture of an OA-37B that I took at a gunnery range years ago, hope it is not too big (I'm new at posting picures).
Hi Dave
Awesome shot of the A37!
I've forwarded this to the Temora Aviation Museum people - they can tell the story of these birds in Australia - and it's a good one! They're all combat veterans and a fabulous sight to see in our skies.
I did shoot some air-to-air of both a single with smoke generators and the pair but this is on digital betacam, a videotape format - I'll do some frame grabs to post soo. I also shot the Vampire the same way - through the open storm window of the Cessna 02.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern