Thread: Flying
View Single Post
Old 22-06-03, 16:40
I did NOT break the tanks!

Kieth Webb;

I'm brand new to this forum, and have just started to read through the posts, and was taken by your subject of 'FLYING, as I am a pilot (civilian) and have an interest in military aircraft. The picture of the Spitfire is magnificent, but it was the mention of the A-37's that really caught my eye. I was a TACP (Tactical Air Control Party, Enlisted) with the Pennsylvania Air National Guard back in the late 1980's, and we flew the OA-37B, and was fortunate enough to get an ride in one and actually fly it for about 20 minutes.

As there were no follow-up pictures, I assume that the weather did not permit your planned air-to-air work. I understand there are several A-37's in civilian hands in Australia (well, at least 2!); do you have any history on them? Did the Australian Air Force fly them? I know they are still active in South America. I'm not sure if any are flying in the US, but I did see a civilian T-37 2 weeks ago at an airshow.

I've included a picture of an OA-37B that I took at a gunnery range years ago, hope it is not too big (I'm new at posting picures).
Attached Thumbnails
a-37 head-on.jpg  

Last edited by Dave Downs (LT Ducky); 22-06-03 at 17:16.